Our history

Utenos Trikotažas updated its visual identity and introduced a new corporate brand.
The global environmental organization Greenpeace has recognized SBA Group company Utenos trikotažas as the first and so far the only textile company in the world to work entirely according to its textiles procurement standard.

The About brand by Utenos Trikotažas introduced a new line of clothing made from industrial textile leftovers. Innovative apparel manufacturer is seeking to further reduce the environmental impact of their operations and call on the public to pay attention to the origin and sustainability of their clothing.
Utenos Trikotažas has been named ‘National Winner’ in the 2019 European Business Awards, one of the world’s largest business competitions.
Utenos Trikotažas became the first company in Lithuania to officially join the Detox campaign by Greenpeace. The company commits itself to eliminate any raw materials likely to have adverse effects on humans or the environment from all stages of the production cycle, from the start through packing, to wearing, washing, sorting and recycling of clothing, by 2020.
The company celebrates its 50th anniversary.
Utenos Trikotažas has upgraded its factory and retail brands. From now on, the products of the company will be branded with a shorter name UTENOS. The production line of the factory was complemented by an innovative digital printing machine.
A production brand ABOUT of the Utenos Trikotažas is registered. Since 2012 on the company produces and develops two retail brands: UTENOS and ABOUT.
Utenos Trikotažas is issued a production certificate OE100 (Organic Exchange 100).
Utenos Trikotažas becomes the first Lithuanian company to be accredited with Social Accountability Standard SA8000.
Utenos Trikotažas is rewarded the European Union Ecolabel Flower.
Utenos Trikotažas was accredited with the Environmental Management Certification ISO 14001.
Utenos Trikotažas was accredited with the Environmental Management Certification ISO14000. The company changed its logo.
Utenos Trikotažas was included in the Baltic List on the stock market, containing companies from Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. In December, the company was accredited BS EN ISO 9001:1994 Certification after the evaluation by the British Standards Institution (BSI). This evaluation confirmed that the company has chosen the right quality management system, which became fundamental in further pursuit of success.

Men's underwear collection Rokas was acknowledged as the best product of 1999.
Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Lithuania and the Quality Council awarded Utenos Trikotažas with the National Prize for Quality, a prize pursued by many of large Lithuanian companies. The company was awarded the National Prize for Quality once again in 2003.
Utenos Trikotažas became a part of SBA Group.
Utenos Trikotažas was privatized.
Once the independence of Lithuania was reinstated, Utenos Trikotažas reclaimed its title, became an independent company and entered a new stage.
The factory was producing up to 19.4 mln. units of jersey products. 30% of the production was sold in Lithuania and the remaining 70% distributed in the Soviet Union. At that time the company had 3 thousand employees.
Factory had 3152 employees, it's production volume vas over 18 mln. units of jersey products. The company was activelly invested in the issues of sports, cultural life, job security and improvement of working conditions.
The company had it's name changed several times. Initially the name was switched to Utena Production Association for Jersey and Haberdashery. The same year it was replaced with Utena Marytė Melnikaitė Production Association for Jersey and Haberdashery. The former joined the companies of Utenos Trikotažas and Zarasų galanterija.
Utenos Trikotažas factory started operating. At that time it was amongst the factories of the highest capacity among the Baltic countries: it had 518 employees and would produce up to 841 thousand of units of products per year.